Developed as an initial prototype of R-Gray 1, R-Gray 0 lacks of hyper laser and special attack functions, and only having Manual firing mode (LS II version has both Auto and Manual modes). Unlike R-Gray 1's primary cannons, R-Gray 0's main guns fires in completely straight pattern similar to Rayforce's X-LAY. To compensate the lack of special weapons, its lock-on laser has the highest chain multiplier (x512) which makes this ship an excellent choice for scoring.
from Raystorm HD website
- In Raystorm HD, in-game background music and sound effects from player shots will be replaced by those from RayForce should the player uses R-Gray 0.
- R-Gray 0's appearance varies in each version, from grey R-Gray 1 body with yellow canopy in PSX/PC port to grey R-Gray 1 body with red canopy in Layer Section II to a RVA-818 X-LAY look alike in RayStorm HD with red body (default game modes) or green body with light blue canopy in 13 Ships Mode.
- ↑ http://www.4gamer.net/games/097/G009751/20100520041/
- ↑ The ship is identified as "Prototype" in 13 Ships Mode
- ↑ http://dlgames.square-enix.com/jp/ps3_dl/2010/raystormhd/